Sino-German Symposium on Multisensory Processing, Neural Mechanisms, and Applications
Welcome to the Sino-German Bilateral symposium on Multisensory Processing, Neural Mechanisms, and Applications that will take place in Beijing, China, from September 17th to 23rd, 2023, cohosted by Chen Lihan from Peking University and Shi Zhuanghua from LMU Munich.
The symposium is sponsored by Sino-German Center for Science (CDZ), jointly funded by German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). The symposium’s main objective is to encourage Chinese and German scientists to collaborate and share the latest advancements in multisensory research. Up to this point, we have secured approximately forty scientists who will be contributing their talks to the symposium.
- Agnieszka Wykowska (Istituto Italiano Di Tecnologia, Italy)
- Salvador Soto-Faraco (ICREA & University Pompeu Fabra, Spain)
- Yanchao Bi 毕彦超 (Beijing Normal University, China)
- Stefan Glasauer (Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg)
The full agenda is available and can be downloaded HERE.
Examining Human Cognition with the Use of Humanoid Robots
Multisensory Research in the Real World and Applications
Knowledge Representation and Multi-Sensory Experiences
On Optimality in Perception and Action
For poster presentation
You are welcome to freely design your poster to the dimension Portrait A0 (max. Portrait 1m × 2m).
Each poster has been attributed a number. On the day of your poster session, you can bring and hang your poster on the poster board allocated to you (identified with a number tag). It will stay for the whole of Thursday and Friday (Sept. 21-22).
Your poster must be taken off at the end of the day of your poster session.
For talk/keynote presentation
Talks will be 25 minutes long and followed by a 5-minutes discussion (total of 30min). Keynotes will be 1 hour long and followed by a 15-minutes discussion (total of 1h15min).
Please make sure to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the session (normally before 8:45 am or 2:30 pm) in which your talk/keynote is scheduled, in order to set up your presentation on the computer.
We accept talks in Powerpoint, Keynote, or pdf format. There will be a projector and a sound system. If you need any other medium/tools for your presentation, please get in contact with us as early as possible. We recommend that you bring your own laptop for presentation. However, if you want to use our computer, please let us know by September 10, 2023.
From Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) To Xijiao Hotel
Subway (Capital Airport Line [to the direction of Beixinqiao], transit at Sanyuanqiao to Line 10 [anti-clockwise, to the direction of Chedaogou, 外环方向], then transit at Zhichunlu to Line 13 [to the direction of Dongzhimen]. Get off at Wudaokou Station [leave at exit A], then walk to the hotel (842 m, approx. 13-min walk).
Taxi (outside of the Gates 5-9, 1st Floor of Terminal 2, convenient but costly)
From Xijiao Hotel to Quanjude Roasted Duck (Qinghuayuan)
From Xijiao Hotel To the symposium venue
Walk (most convenient)
From Xijiao Hotel To Peking University
Taxi (most convenient)
Subway (walk to the Wudaokou station [Line 13, to the direction of Xizhimen], transit at Zhichunlu to Line 10 [anti-clockwise, to the direction of Zhichunli, 外环方向], then transit at Haidian Huangzhuang to Line 4 [to the direction of Anheqiaobei]. Get off at the east gate of Peking University [leave at exit A/D].
From Peking University To Xijiao Hotel
Taxi (most convenient)
Subway (walk to the east gate of Peking University subway station [Line 4, to the direction of Tiangongyuan], transit at Haidian Huangzhuang to Line 10 [clockwise, to the direction of Zhichunlu, 内环方向], then transit at Zhichunlu to Line 13 [to the direction of Dongzhimen]. Get off at the Wudaokou subway station [leave at exit A], then walk to the hotel (842 m, approx. 13-min walk).
There are several subway stations near the symposium and the hotel sites. You could also find the complete subway information Here.
- Line 10: Zhichunlu 知春路(interchange station for Line 13)
- Line 13: Wudaokou 五道口; Zhichunlu 知春路 (interchange station for Line 10)
- Line 15: Qinghua Donglu Xikou 清华东路西口; Liudaokou 六道口 (interchange station for Changping Line)
- Changping Line 昌平线: Xueyuanqiao 学院桥; Liudaokou 六道口 (interchange station for Line 15)
Each participant will receive a bag with a pen and notebook at the welcome desk.
Recommended Apps in China
WeChat [for real-time contact, online payment, and appointment for tourist attractions]
You could register on WeChat using the phone number from your country and use it to contact the committee and volunteers during the symposium.
Travel in Beijing
If you arrive in Beijing earlier, plan to stay longer, or just looking for fantastic places or restaurants during the symposium, feel free to use our ever-growing totally unofficial list of “MSI lab-approved” places in Beijing.
- the Forbidden City / The Palace Museum 故宫 (Jingshan Front Street 4, Dongcheng District) [appointment needed on WeChat]
- the Summer Palace 颐和园 (Xinjiangongmen Road 19, Haidian District, very close to our residence!) [appointment needed on WeChat]
- the Winter Palace / Yuanmingyuan Park 圆明园 (Qinghua West Road 28, Haidian District, very close to our residence!) [appointment needed on WeChat]
- the Great Wall 长城 [advance appointment needed]
We list several excellent restaurants for traditional Beijing/Chinese cuisine near the residence or Peking University:
- Quanjude Beijing Duck 全聚德北京烤鸭 (approx. ¥166/person)
- Juqi Beijing Duck 局气北京烤鸭 (approx. ¥119/person)
- Xiuer Sijiucheng Beijing Cuisine 秀儿四九城·新京菜 (approx. ¥211/person)
- Jiaoming Jiaoma (Halal, Xinjiang Cuisine) 椒鸣椒麻小馆 [NUMB & SPICY🌶] (approx. ¥72/person)
- Michongshan Hot Pot (Chongqing Cuisine) [SPICY!🌶🌶] 芈重山老火锅 (approx. ¥130/person)
- Chongba Beef Hot Pot (Chongqing Cuisine) [SPICY!🌶🌶] 重八牛府 (approx. ¥102/person)
- Nanjing dapaidang (Nanjing Cuisine) 南京大牌档 (approx. ¥75/person)
- Quanniujiang (Sichuan Cuisine) [SPICY!🌶] 全牛匠·乐山跷脚牛肉 (approx. ¥80/person)
- Xiaoxiangge (Hu’nan Cuisine) [EXTREMELY SPICY!🌶🌶🌶] 潇湘阁 (approx. ¥89/person)
- Xiaodiao Pear Soup (Beijing Cuisine) 小吊梨汤 (approx. ¥95/person)
- Chen Lihan 陈立翰 (Peking University)
- Shi Zhuanghua (LMU Munich)
- Lou Chunmiao 娄春淼 (Peking University)
- Liang Kun 梁坤 (Peking University)
- Zeng Huanke 曾桓珂 (Peking University)
- Hou Xiaoyuan 候晓媛 (Peking University)
- Shi Tianzheng 史天正 (Peking University)
- Zheng Yabo 郑亚博 (Peking University)
- Xu Shen 徐深 (Peking University)
- He Ziyu 贺子瑜 (Peking University)
- Zhang Qianqian 张乾乾 (Peking University)
- Guo Yao 郭瑤 (Peking University)
If you have any questions or the assistance from us to apply for a Chinese Visa, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Postal address: Wangkezhen Building 1603, Peking University, Yiheyuan Road 5, Haidian District, Beijing, China, 100871